Tuesday, August 15, 2017

new day

Just don't remember rehab being this tough last time. It was 20 years ago but just must have blocked it out. Glad we chose RWJohnsen Rahway for it. Mario my slave driver has a passion and an explanation. I said that at Clark I worked with lite weights, his response was that is an older PT method, new method more reps to rebuild muscle memory.

 

He does believe in icing, last 8-9 minutes always under ice. Reduces swelling and promotes healing. He checked incision for infection and healing progress. Keeps reminding me about my protocols when out of the building.

 

He also strives to transition from walker to walking with little or no cane. Cane encourages a limp which is a hard habit to break. I can see that happening.

 

Inside of a week to sail date, nervous absolutely but really looking forward to it. My grandkids all different but all seemed to enjoy the cruise last year.

 

"Success is a journey not a destination"

Serge

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog.